Letter GT:You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this. Write a letter to your manager.

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this. Write a letter to your manager.
In your letter
  • explain why you want to take time off work
  • give details of the amount of time you need
  • suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
Write at least 150 words.
Dear Rose
I am writing to request some unpaid leave next month.
My parents’ 50th wedding anniversary is on April 21st, and they are planning to celebrate this significant achievement with all their children and grandchildren. To do this, they have rented a house big enough to accommodate the whole family.
To participate in this special occasion, I would need to be away from work for four days, from Monday 19th to Thursday 23rd. My schedule for that week is relatively light, apart from two meetings with clients. Helen would be able to attend these in my place, as she has had previous dealings with both companies and knows the relevant staff there. I have no other urgent work commitments at that time.
I would be very grateful if you could allow me this time. These few days are very important to my parents and the whole family, and it would be a way to thank them for all the support they have given me.
Best wishes
(167 words)

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »